Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 to 13 minutes | Serves 4
1 egg white
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon ground paprika
1 pound (454 g) low-sodium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1½-inch
½ cup ground almonds
2 slices low-sodium whole-wheat bread, crumbled
- Set the temperature of the air fryer oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Press Start to begin
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg white, lemon juice, basil, and paprika with a fork
- Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- On a plate, mix the almonds and bread crumbs.
- Toss the chicken cubes in the almond and bread crumb mixture until coated.
- Bake the nuggets in the air fryer oven, in two batches, for 10 to 13 minutes, or
until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC) on a meat
thermometer. Serve immediately.