Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 8 minutes | Serves 4
1 large egg, beaten
Blackened seasoning, as needed
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
4 (4-ounce / 113- g) tilapia fillets
- In a shallow bowl, place the beaten egg. In a second shallow bowl, stir together
the Blackened seasoning and the brown sugar.
- One at a time, dip the fish fillets in the egg, then the brown sugar mixture,
- Set the temperature of the air fryer oven to 300ºF (149ºC). Press Start to begin
preheating. Line the air fryer oven perforated pan with parchment paper.
- Place the coated fish on the parchment and spritz with oil.
- Bake for 4 minutes. Flip the fish, spritz it with oil, and bake for 4 to 6 minutes
more until the fish is white inside and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately.