Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 6 minutes | Serves 4
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup yellow cornmeal
1 large egg, beaten
¼ cup Cajun seasoning
4 (4-ounce / 113-g) catfish fillets
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the flour and cornmeal until blended. Place the egg in a
second shallow bowl and the Cajun seasoning in a third shallow bowl.
- One at a time, dip the catfish fillets in the breading, the egg, and the Cajun
seasoning, coating thoroughly.
- Set the temperature of the air fryer oven to 300ºF (149ºC). Press Start to begin
preheating. Line the air fryer oven perforated pan with parchment paper.
- Place the coated fish on the parchment and spritz with oil.
- Bake for 3 minutes. Flip the fish, spritz it with oil, and bake for 3 to 5 minutes
more until the fish flakes easily with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of
145ºF (63ºC). Serve warm.