Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 8 minutes | Serves 5
½ pound (227g) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
¼ cup chopped red onion
1 scallion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1 large egg, beaten
10 frozen Goya Empanada Discos, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, red onion, scallion, garlic, bell pepper,
cilantro, lime juice, paprika, salt, and pepper flakes (if using).
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water until smooth.
- Place an empanada disc on a work surface and put 2 tablespoons of the shrimp
mixture in the center. Brush the outer edges of the disc with the egg wash. Fold
the disc over and gently press the edges to seal. Use a fork and press around the
edges to crimp and seal completely. Brush the tops of the empanadas with the
- Set the temperature of the air fryer oven to 380ºF (193ºC). Press Start to begin
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer oven perforated pan with cooking spray to
prevent sticking. Working in batches, arrange a single layer of the empanadas in
the air fryer oven perforated pan and air fry for about 8 minutes, flipping
halfway, until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.